ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cowboys From Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHero670  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spartan wrote:
arg... i can get 86% on this song, whitch i guess is average but my score is like 142*** where on the score boards someone else has 86% but a 220000 score, is there a star power chart?

Yep this is a good Sp strat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H77UfN22H0
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodist, that's some advice! The drink actually helped me because it kept me from sweating so damn much and causing my hand to stick to the fret board. I finally posted my new score of 160-something. It's still a three star, but it's getting there. Now my hands need to rest... By the way, is there a special technique for the YBYRR sections?

For anyone who knows Dattebay17, his Texas Flood score was done by me just so he could be guitar god on Expert...
hoosyourdaddy33  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: fingering Reply with quote

if you want to see some really good fingering then go on google video and search "sauce and gravy cowboys from hell" and a video should pop up. It is really good and kind of funny. The guy actually finges the ybyrrybyrr part as 2321123211 (watch his middle finger get ready for that part). I have tried it and it works pretty well, i just need more practice...

sorry for not having a link, but for some reason i cant get onto google video right now...
Shadow  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: fingering Reply with quote

hoosyourdaddy33 wrote:
if you want to see some really good fingering then go on google video and search "sauce and gravy cowboys from hell" and a video should pop up. It is really good and kind of funny. The guy actually finges the ybyrrybyrr part as 2321123211 (watch his middle finger get ready for that part). I have tried it and it works pretty well, i just need more practice...

sorry for not having a link, but for some reason i cant get onto google video right now...

Despite the videos being fake, I have to agree that the fingering shown there is... Well, somewhat good, I wouldn't have passed the damned song if I hadn't seen it.
Mordred  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously need help with the main riff. My 155K high score on this song was a complete fluke, and I've only scored in the 140s twice. I played the song 10x last night and got in the 120s twice, 130s 7x and 140 once. I had a 130 score hitting 89% of the notes. I cannot for the life of me figure the main riff out. In fact I got so fed up with the song that I played it twice without looking just on the off chance that maybe I could get the rhythm down better without distracting myself with the notes. I finished both runs with right around 115K (during one of them I picked up a star power during the main riff turned around and noticed I had a 4x multiplier going, but it didn't last long). So looking at the screen nets me about 15K extra points. Superb!

I feel like I've got the timing, but either I'm not moving my hands fast enough or my alt strumming isn't on the right tempo. It's just straight 8th notes right? I've tried runs where I just HO/PO and strumming every non red note but the red notes rarely register, I've tried down strumming every note (which seriously doesn't work), I've tried everything. I think I'll try it tonight without the music. That might do the trick.

I seemed to have a little bit better luck by trying to pause a split second before or after the first blue note (cause i seem to lose my combo there a lot) and it works sometimes, but sometimes throws off my rhythm for the rest. I'm just completely out of ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can alternate pick the first part of the solo but when it gets to the RYBO at the end of the drift, i lose it there and i can only hammer the end of it only a few times so i cants keep a good combo for the next drift. Any advice?

I did happen to get 20k more by alternate strumming, so all you people that just started out on cowboys learn on alternate strum! I'm finally to 160k so 15k more to go for a 4 star. Mr. Green
catfish7  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only advice for this song is play it ALOT for a few night in a row. It's very demoralizing to continuously get 3*s after 5s on everything else, but it's worth it once you nail it.
Mordred  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
The only advice for this song is play it ALOT for a few night in a row. It's very demoralizing to continuously get 3*s after 5s on everything else, but it's worth it once you nail it.

I'm trying that but it's not really helping. I did increase my score to 159K on my 2nd run last night, which was the first progress I've made in a month. Of course I started thinking I was getting it down and every run after that was in the 120K range and far worse than I normally do.

I think my strumming is correct and my problem is the timing on the fingering or possibly starting the riff a hair late, but hell if I can figure out how to fix it. I don't have timing problems on any other song except for this one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!! i finally 4 stared this thing, my score was 186,*** with 89% ill get a pic up. I know its FAR from the best but im glad i finally 4 stared it... now i gotto 5 star BaTM.
rxbandit  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need MAJOR help with the first 10% of the song.

I seriously just tried this thing at least 30 mother fucking times and couldn't get past 9%.
This is fucking bullshit, fuck this shit.
Summ  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha... I just got 27251 from cowboys from hell... And, I still have Decontrol with 4 star omg. O_o
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Smobey Wii Friend Code: 167620768553
Summ  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I mean 272051 <_<
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Smobey Wii Friend Code: 167620768553
thedatelessloser  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: From Hell... Reply with quote

This song is driving me nuts. It's the only song I have under 5 stars, and I'm so close. I'm at 239 thousand something, something. That's around 18 thousand away from 5 stars.

Does anyone know a star power path I can use that may get me those extra thousands?
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a good sp strategy here. Unless those damn HOPOs stop taking over (causing me to plink), I'll never make the five star. Any ideas?

God, my entire left pointer finger went completely numb playing this song too many times two weeks ago, and I still have no feeling in it...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to complete it. Once. That's all.

Sodding main riff. I'm actually practicing it at work (obviously without a controller in my hands) to try and build up some muscle memory.

I've also never really alternate strummed. I've single strummed my way to a pass through every song on Expert except Cowboys From Hell.

Grr. And GHII comes out in the UK in a week. It'd be nice to complete CfH and get Guitar Legend before GHII takes over my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: