ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Texas Flood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentlassassin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:
i can't get the first SP thing, that's the only thing that's holding me back from the 5*, does any one else have this problem?

Yep..

The only way to fix it..

Do it over... and over... and over... and over.... and over... and over... and over.. and over.. and over ..... and over... and over again...

I don't try to play it every time either.. I play the first three times just to time it correctly... and then a few is just getting the rrybyr and not even worry about the rest.. and I get that part with a hammer on and pull off... Give it a shot.. see how it goes.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^that part pissed me off so frickin much

when i was trying to 5 star this song i had to restart that part so many times my head exploded
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: SP Help (I hope) Reply with quote

Yea, best bet for the very first one is to hammer the R>B>R and then strum the last B.

I actually really like the song, but getting 5* and all that is still iffy, but anyway, hopefully some SP timing tips will help everyone out...?

I've never gotten every single one in a go, but I believe I've gotten every single other combination at any given time, sadly... -- so here we go!

I'll put up a picture of the note chart in a little while...
Intro: 1-3 SP
IF - 1 & 2, use right before RO after the Y---Y---B---B---O---O--- part (optimally between the last O--- and RO)
IF - 1 & 3, use right after the sustain for SP3 and hope for the best. If you can't really get a good combo going, wait until after the lyrics begin and use it right before the first G/R/Y/Y--- part.
You can usually get around 30k to 44k at the end of this area if you miss a note or two right after the first SP and miss some notes during the Y><B part at the end.

Next section: 4-6 SP
IF - 3 from Intro and 4, whammy the 4th, but use your SP in the middle of holding it. If you don't want to take chances, use it ASAP in the Y----.
IF - 4 and 5, use this one ASAP as well, or else you'll risk missing the next SP.
IF - 5 and 6, you've got plenty of time to use it somewhere in the solo, but, don't wait too long.

Solo: 7-10 SP
IF - 6 and 7, if you use this right away, you'll most likely still miss 8, and if you wait until 8 to use it, you'll miss 9 for sure, your call.
IF - 7 and 8, use this either right away or right before the YO after you've gotten the O--- for 8.
IF - 8 and 9, this one depends on you: if you usually lose your combo at the end and just say "screw it" (the frills at the very end of the song), use this one wherever your combo reaches its best between 9 and the end of the song.
OTHERWISE - Wait until you get 8, 9 AND 10, use it right before the next set of notes appear and it should most likely last you to the last sustain, if not to the end of the last sustain/end of the song.

REMEMBER
These are just tips that will allow you the window for every SP chance, but pick and choose which ones you want to sacrifice if it'll give you SP during your higher combo areas.

I hope this helps more people get to 5*! And for those who are, using some of the SP's at the solo riffs with more notes will get you the most points depending on if you can usually get the runs pretty well. Also point out any stupid errors I may have made with anything, it's late and I can't guarantee that I'm 100% correct until I go over it with the Notechart and all.
Good luck everyone! Mr. Green
DrOid  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting really mad at this song.

___GOALS____

50 Expert FCs - (46)
Top 5 XBL - (5th!)
350k Jordan expert - (320k)

Currently Trying to FC - Search & Destroy
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many points do you guys have after the solo? I'm getting at 110,000-115,000 and I keep 4*ing at around 135,000... Also, right before the first time the singing starts ("Well, it's floodin' down in Texas...") I'm at about 30,000. Should I practice comboing the entire beginning? the only thing keeping me from comboing the entire beginning is the HO/PO YBYBYBYBYB part...

EDIT:Wow, 141,000 and I missed easy parts but got a nice combo in the solo after all the chords... if I only would have got the easy stuff and the hard stuff. I could've gotten 170,000+

EDIT2: YESSSSSs I 5*ed the hardest song to 5*... now just for BATM and CFH... those aren't as hard for me to do good on. Breaking Wheel is gonna be a pain....oh wow.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is once you 5* this on hard, expert comes fairly naturally. It took me nearly a month to 5* it on hard, and now 3 tries later, I 5* it on expert with a whopping score of 151,xxx points.

And as for HO/PO, screw them, they are so unreliable, just strum everything if you're having trouble.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have officially stopped caring about this song. It shouldn't take me 1 and a half months longer to 5 star this than CFH!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Galgo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the series of GB and RO chords what should your score be if you want 5*? This is the time that I usually look at my score and during my best run I had 90,000 and the beginning of it.
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galgo wrote:
During the series of GB and RO chords what should your score be if you want 5*? This is the time that I usually look at my score and during my best run I had 90,000 and the beginning of it.

I would probably say around 100,000, assuming you do pretty good with the rest of the song and get the star power.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galgo wrote:

You definitely want to have at least 100000 points by then
Galgo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright thanks, so I dont have too much practicing and annoyence left
ScaryAdam  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i don't know how much this might help people... . but as I was trying to 5* this on expert... i stumbled across a little trick that seriously helped me get through the part with all the really really really fast orange notes... and once I did it on accident... I haven't missed it since.
So basically... those notes are not just random crazy fast... they are all perfect sextuplets. And while it feels like it slows down at the end... it actually only rhythmically slows down after you come out of it and move to a different note. Because of this.... if you feel the triplet (which is the natural division of the beat in the blues anyways) and you down strum the triplet and only worry about feeling that downstrum... just pop and upstrum inbetween for the alternate strumming. So long as you just keep feeling the triplet in your downstroke... you will nail it every time.

Just thought this might help....
Dandaman  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silentlassassin wrote:
shutendoji wrote:
i can't get the first SP thing, that's the only thing that's holding me back from the 5*, does any one else have this problem?

Yep..

The only way to fix it..

Do it over... and over... and over... and over.... and over... and over... and over.. and over.. and over ..... and over... and over again...

I don't try to play it every time either.. I play the first three times just to time it correctly... and then a few is just getting the rrybyr and not even worry about the rest.. and I get that part with a hammer on and pull off... Give it a shot.. see how it goes.

i dont like the sound of all these overs! its depressing literally!
my best on this song is about 100k and i seriously doubt i will ever get more than that.
i dont know what my problem is, but maybe its because i cant hit 90% of the notes? somone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RustyShackleford  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got this bastard five starred, now for six.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then 7! woohoo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: