Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Going for WoR FG1st (91/93 1sts)|Ranked 1st GH3X/GHWoR/GHM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are insane. HUGE congrats on taking this beast down. The fact that you one hand most of the song is mind-boggling, but clearly it works.

Well deserved

(That score page looks sexy )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible work, and a great score too!

Can't imagine the relief to finally be done with this thorn in your side.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratz Kyle, huge accomplishment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTFAF alone is legendary but your work with GH3 overall is just absolutely unbelievable. Enjoy your permanent 1st place

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work! I would not be too terribly worried about going for 1st at this point. You are only 500 points off of 1st for TtFaF, and an insane 10k above anyone else overall for the game. Just go for it as you find time, the beast is dead, long live the king!

Edit, long post on possible scores:

Per your original post your goal was to get a score of 991k+ on flames. You also indicated the possible total for the song is 992,142. Then you went onto state you wanted to bring the community total up to 24,864,xxx. So, I decided to go back through your comments and realized that the possible community total is actually 24,865,xxx. That Flames score would bring your total to 24,864,877, a mere 133 points away from that goal. Let's have you comment on the feasibility of each when you get a chance:
Hit Me with your Best Shot (20 points)
Story of My Life (12 points)
Mississippi Queen (8 points according to tanner)
School's Out (4 points)
Barracuda (4 points)
When You Were Young (8 points)
Even Flow (8 points)
Holiday in Cambodia (8 points)
Rock You Like a Hurricane (8 points)
Same Old Song and Dance (4 points)
Welcome to the Jungle (16 points)
Black Magic Woman (4 points)
Black Sunshine (8 points)
3's & 7's (8 points)
Down 'N Dirty (4 points)
I'm In the Band (8 points)
Impulse (4 points)
My Curse (24 points?)
She Bangs the Drums (16 points)
The Way it Ends (4 points)
Total that's 180 points by your estimation outside of TtFaF so, depending on what you ultimately finish with for Flames, it could be possible to hit 24,865,xxx . As I said though, I would be proud of what you have done, anything else is just an extra sprinkle on a cake of awesome.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is incredible how far you have pushed the boundaries of what is possible in this game. GH3 has always been the most competitive game, and by far the most difficult to get good ranks in. But you somehow managed to demolish EVERY top score outside of TTFAF. That is still mind-boggling to me.

But of course you had to go and FGFC as well, which is an incredible accomplishment on its own! TTFAF is a ridiculous FC, and to get 990k on your first FC is just bonkers. I know having one non-green rank on your page will eat you up inside, but I can't blame you if you take a break from the song. However... I am confident that you will return to it and reFC for first. Can't imagine how sexy FG1st would be haha
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Flewer  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man, the myth, the legend.
Congratz, you very well deserve it !!
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a long road and seems like it finally came to an end. Huge FGFC and very sexy score page indeed. Ferocious.

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
Kyl3Ruth  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, thanks everyone for the kind words and universal support here. And to think I was shit on at the start of this thread a decade ago after getting 1st on another game then as a kid lmfao

It's just starting to sink in how insane the optimizations I committed to and executed have been. Moose, for one, thinks my FGFC setlist scroll is the best FGFC and best setlist scroll ever. And he probably is right thinking about it.

My GH3 Setlist Scroll:
https://i.imgur.com/W7lIOSO.mp4
Kyl3Ruth  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: How I lost TTFAF 1st in like 16 milliseconds/1 frame LOL Reply with quote

What happened before my FC run:
I took a 6-7 week break from GH3 and flames and looked through alternate paths and tweaks for GHVH for fun, then started score chasing hard the last two weeks and got to 32/47 1sts quickly.

Well I decided it's time to give flames another shot. I spent the last week derusting in practice. While doing GHVH stuff I always practiced the motion of one-handing the red snake and got better, adjusting my thumb position and angle, etc. I ended up with twin solo being free and piss easy, bridge 1 85% consistent, only ever miss in bridge 1 due to the elbow strum tapping the very end of bridge 1. Herman 2 and almost there I was fine with at the time of the FC. What the getting my hand position right coming out of herman 2 though, not consistent at that. I never really got that much better at what the, as it was initially the easiest section for me. One handing the snake, my consistency was like 7x in a row in practice before... But in actual runs like 1 in 3.

I posted here my 97X and 982k runs the first day of actual runs after derusting. I clearly was much closer than I had been in january/february. I will remind you I got a -9 in November 2021... It had been a long long grind...
Kyl3Ruth  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: How TTFAF 1st Literally Died In 16 ms/1 frame Reply with quote

What happened on my FC run:

Hit first squeeze. 119,874 after intro
Hit triple second act
Third act had x98 after activating, got the orange under/got the squeeze (-4)
Barely missed getting ticks on SFA1
Ended SFA1 with 288,730
Got normal bridge 1 optimal ticks (60), didn't use the extended hit window to get the extra 8 there. Ended bridge 1 334,130
Got the 6th act double, haven't hit the triple there since november last year
Hit that crazy 7th act extra squeeze I've mentioned about in bridge 2. Ended bridge 2 with 501,634
Hit grinding scales double, haven't hit the triple there since january/february, i forget. It's been awhile lol
Hit herman double, BARELY missed the triple (I do hit it every once in awhile now)
I did the crazy what the squeeze to the red

Left the solo near 200 points ahead of ukogmonkey, and ukog didn't miss 200 on the last squeeze like he thought, he missed 400, a quadruple squeeze is possible there. So I was on 991k pace after twin.

Then so far away 3 happened..
When activating in so far away 3, the red snake/10th act, I activated right after the three-note RYB chord, orange flamed it and missed 600 points in a split second. The easiest squeeze in the song let me remind you.

I had an 889.5k leaving the solo, so I knew getting the quadruple squeeze on the last act, the +400 points ukog missed there (he only did a double and thought a triple was optimal), those 400 wouldn't have put me in first so I just skipped even bothering for a triple there.

It would've been guaranteed 1st if I hadn't orange flamed that so far away 3 activation though, but it's whatever. I can't stress enough how many emotions came over me specifically at the end of that orange sustain when my score went past 990,000. But the reason my score wasn't at least a 990,854 was because I -600'd SFA3 and then didn't bother squeezing the last act, just did the piss easy double there.
Kyl3Ruth  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Amazing work! I would not be too terribly worried about going for 1st at this point. You are only 500 points off of 1st for TtFaF, and an insane 10k above anyone else overall for the game. Just go for it as you find time, the beast is dead, long live the king!

Edit, long post on possible scores:

Per your original post your goal was to get a score of 991k+ on flames. You also indicated the possible total for the song is 992,142. Then you went onto state you wanted to bring the community total up to 24,864,xxx. So, I decided to go back through your comments and realized that the possible community total is actually 24,865,xxx. That Flames score would bring your total to 24,864,877, a mere 133 points away from that goal. Let's have you comment on the feasibility of each when you get a chance:
Hit Me with your Best Shot (20 points)
Story of My Life (12 points)
Mississippi Queen (8 points according to tanner)
School's Out (4 points)
Barracuda (4 points)
When You Were Young (8 points)
Even Flow (8 points)
Holiday in Cambodia (8 points)
Rock You Like a Hurricane (8 points)
Same Old Song and Dance (4 points)
Welcome to the Jungle (16 points)
Black Magic Woman (4 points)
Black Sunshine (8 points)
3's & 7's (8 points)
Down 'N Dirty (4 points)
I'm In the Band (8 points)
Impulse (4 points)
My Curse (24 points?)
She Bangs the Drums (16 points)
The Way it Ends (4 points)
Total that's 180 points by your estimation outside of TtFaF so, depending on what you ultimately finish with for Flames, it could be possible to hit 24,865,xxx . As I said though, I would be proud of what you have done, anything else is just an extra sprinkle on a cake of awesome.

Yeah, I wrote that back in like November 2021 most likely, or October. November 2021 was the best I ever was at squeezing, I had a flames twin choke that would've been a 991.7k then even. Today a dream run would be a 991.3k. I just haven't hit the grinding scales or lost inside, lost within triple squeezes any time recently. In fact, I haven't hit the lost inside, lost within triple literally since November last year.

However, yes a 24,864k would still be doable with a 991,266+ TTFAF. Still is "doable" for me on a dream run with my current .

In terms of what is left in GH3, I have a spreadsheet:
Kyl3Ruth  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolute TAS optimal with the extended hit window incorporated into it. I've slowed down vods and looked frame by frame at sustains for absolute optimals as well, that has been done.

As you can see the rest of the points are basically all in TTFAF and One. And the majority of the game is straight up unbeatable optimals down to the last digit, many of which have tick squeezes. I'm glad with the passion I had before that I beat my own 1sts to the point that I'm confident most of them can only be tied.

And yeah One I've hit a triple in fast solo A, only once. This is One's optimal, the squeezes shown here are accurate with perfect whammy:

Nothing past 662,809 do I think is possible to ever get into one run, pun not intended. And with that and 991.7k being the best I was ever capable of at my peak in terms of TTFAF squeezing, that kills the possibility of any human I have known of being capable of pushing the GH3 top scores total over 24,865k.

24,864,000+ can still happen though, as I said a 991,266 TTFAF would put be there, and a 991.3k would be a perfect run for what squeezes I'm hitting atm. If 24,864k doesn't happen and if my 990,054 ends up being my final TTFAF score, I'll still be content with the optimization I've done to GH3 at this point. After all, the GH3 top scores total was 24,856,225 when I came to GH3 after all.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the concise replies to squeezing possibilities! Yea, I am frankly amazed at how well you optimized an already VERY well squeezed and played game. Hell, before you began your assault on the scores I thought that most of the songs were already at their max in points. I really believe that most of your scores are for all intents and purposes unbeatable for GH3. Great work, I look forward to your next project (more VH I assume) and maybe another epic FGFC down the road.

Keep up the great work, and remember, don't burn yourself out, just take things at your own pace. You beat the best players on their best scores on the most played game, that will be forever remembered.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Kyl3Ruth  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Wow, thanks for the concise replies to squeezing possibilities! Yea, I am frankly amazed at how well you optimized an already VERY well squeezed and played game. Hell, before you began your assault on the scores I thought that most of the songs were already at their max in points. I really believe that most of your scores are for all intents and purposes unbeatable for GH3. Great work, I look forward to your next project (more VH I assume) and maybe another epic FGFC down the road.

Keep up the great work, and remember, don't burn yourself out, just take things at your own pace. You beat the best players on their best scores on the most played game, that will be forever remembered.

No problem on providing the info. About 3-3.5k in points is only possible due to that extended hit window method used for the metal.

EHW added the most points to Closer for sure. The 277,574 previous 1st place score gets 48 in ticks off the last note/green sustain. Half a beat in GH3 is 50 points. For that sustain squeezing half a beat would give 52 but you get the idea.

And half a beat at 130-131 BPM (Closer's BPM/tempo) is about 230 milliseconds. That's the distance between the notes in Closer's chorus. The default hitbox in GH3 unrestricted? 100 ms late or halfway to the next note if the notes exceed 5 nps (yes the late hitbox shrinks even for the choruses and verses in Paranoid). And the early hitbox is 116 ms if strummed/86 ms early if hammer-on'd. So with the 216 ms hitbox, you can squeeze about 48 points out of the 52 points that is half a beat of the green sustain in Closer.

Now with the extended hit window the late hitbox becomes 100 (+33 ms) late and 116 ms early, a 249 ms hitbox. Meaning you can squeeze another 4 points in ticks off Closer's last activation. But if you can squeeze half a beat there that means you can also instead just squeeze an entire extra note under... And before squeezing another note on Closer's first squeeze needed a 230 ms hitbox, the hitbox was 216 ms.. Meaning it got +800 on Closer while losing the 48 in ticks, +752. For other songs, like Anarchy in the U.K. it added a whopping 8 points to the optimal score, since at that BPM ticks in 8 are at 30 fps, 33 ms apart. And reverse tick squeezing all but the last act was already better than a normal tick squeeze.

Funny enough, the Metal score that ukogmonkey achieved in 2009 that I tied in 2021, that score was no fluke. ukogmonkey knew of the extended hit window and used it for every squeeze in the game, he said it's probably why a lot of squeezes came easy to him while being hard for other top squeezers: https://clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticLovelySheepDoritosChip-qKaoAugvAHlBzXlk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: