ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 Season 2 Hard Division Final Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset, you can stay here if you want, we only have 5 people play last week, so the more the better. I dont care if you kick ass, its not really that big a deal, i dont think.

Cheers
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I get the impression that my presence in this league wasn't exactly desired in the first place, so I must not be who you're talking about...

Not at all! Are you kidding? Why do you think I busted my butt on MTAF, was trying my very best to find one song I could come close to you on lol (and I ended up with a 5th place score ) I wanna be like you when I grow up. Oh wait... I'm already overgrown.

Sometimes it's good to have the bar set high, makes you push yourself to do your very very best. I kept telling myself ... i think i can get just a few .. more .. points if i play it one.. more ... time lol

My apologies if I seemed like you weren't welcome, that wasn't the case, just didn't feel we would bring you the level of challenge you may be used to. But it was great for me!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv RJUCPU PSN Name: RJUCPU Wii Friend Code: 429619949789
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The songs in the first game were so well chosen for the game that I think despite its downfalls of horrible HO'PO's its still the better game

I absolutely agree. And contrary to some opinions, I think the first game was/is harder. We just started playing after Christmas with GH1, got GH2 towards the end of January. I've already 5-starred all the songs in Hard in GH2 (except Six) but I still need Ace of Spaces, Texas Flood, CBfH and Breaking Wheel in the GH1 game. (Although I don't know if I would still have only 4* if the hopo's worked, hmmm). I keep going back to it. Can't go too long without playing it. The songs just call me.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv RJUCPU PSN Name: RJUCPU Wii Friend Code: 429619949789
emptyset  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I wanted to work on bettering my Hard scores since it was never a part of the game I dedicated myself to, so it's kind of like playing a new game. I'm playing nothing but Hard on both games lately and it's a lot of fun. I'm happy I can offer a challenge!

Plus, in the last GH1 league, I played in the Expert division and it was whittled down to two participants in the "championship" week. I'll keep competing to avoid that happening again, with that, I apologize for not submitting this past week.

Back on topic...the playing field is certainly level this week. I absolutely blow at the opposite hand twist.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I suck at opposite hand to, but I love doing it, so I will spend most of my time starting tomorrow playing this

Cheers
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
ponyboy86 wrote:
is anyone out there actually still posting...?

there hasnt been much comment on the week2 scores

less participation this week noticibly *shrugs*

I was 3,000 miles away for a conference last week so I didn't get to play. However, I get the impression that my presence in this league wasn't exactly desired in the first place, so I must not be who you're talking about...

with regard to earlier in the topic....i have no objection to you bein in this league, emptyset...that and i dnt feel its my place to say where one shud compete

sukergod wrote:
well at least the tree of us will be there for the end, and hopefully the other 2 as well.

you can count me in...im here til the end....that is assuming my internet access stays, if i disappear then you'll know why at least.

My Youtube Videos
GH2 360 Pro Face Off TF FTW!!! (still waiting)

Last edited by ponyboy86 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ponyboy86 wrote:
sukergod wrote:
well at least the tree of us will be there for the end, and hopefully the other 2 as well.

u can count me in...im here til the end....that is assuming my internet access stays, if i disappear then ull kno why at least.

You can count me in as well, so that makes all 5 of us, or 6 with {}, although not sure what type of playoff scenario this will give (maybe a bye for 1 & 2 with the other 4 in the first round as seems worth including everyone with so few players), although I'll prolly be the last seed considering I can't even come close to FCing any of this weeks songs but I'll persevere. Also got to split what little time I have with my GH2 league, my GH2 Medium Rivalry & my GH1 Medium goals (currently 14th & 43/47 FC's), but c'est la vie.

On a side note, I actually prefer GH1, both song & gameplay wise, as can't get to grips with HOPO's in GH2. The problem I have is that both hands seem to want to work in unison & I can't tap the frets out with my left hand without my right hand strumming automatically, just can't stop it

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
elx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill follow {}'s lead, expect to see me back for Week 3.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back elx as well. Glad we have "lots" of players the last week.

These songs are killers for me this week so all I can say is it was fun being in first for a little while

Good luck everyone!!
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im almost more excited about this than the GH2 leagues.........almost

Cheers and a 1,2 bye, 3-6, 4-5 playoff round seems fine to me, its short and sweet, Cyclone?
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Welcome back elx as well. Glad we have "lots" of players the last week.

These songs are killers for me this week so all I can say is it was fun being in first for a little while

Good luck everyone!!

tell me about it....iron man is a pain when im using the correct hand

My Youtube Videos

Last edited by ponyboy86 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron man's not a bad one for me when I'm using the correct hand, and even when I'm playing backwards I can memorize enough of it to watch my hand pushing the fret buttons lol. So if my strumming hand cooperates, I can usually at least get through it.

It's that blasted No One Knows that kicks my but every single time. Grrrrrr. Even outside the solo I just make stupid mistakes, hard to get a really good run on it. And Unsung, well, I've -1 that one soooo many times and I don't have the endurance to play it more than once or twice in a row. Grrrr again.
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Iron man's not a bad one for me when I'm using the correct hand, and even when I'm playing backwards I can memorize enough of it to watch my hand pushing the fret buttons lol. So if my strumming hand cooperates, I can usually at least get through it.

It's that blasted No One Knows that kicks my but every single time. Grrrrrr. Even outside the solo I just make stupid mistakes, hard to get a really good run on it. And Unsung, well, I've -1 that one soooo many times and I don't have the endurance to play it more than once or twice in a row. Grrrr again.

im really struggling with iron man , im guna be last on that one

had an excellent run on symphony of destruction and unsung SP wise

ive had plenty of practice at no one knows and the parts which still set me back are the sections (i think theres only 2 of them but it loses me bout 10K for each one i miss) and theres the solo

My Youtube Videos

Last edited by ponyboy86 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ive had plenty of practice at no one knows and the parts wich still set me back are the sections (i think theres only 2 of them but it loses me bout 10K for each one i miss) and theres the solo

I know exactly what parts you are talking about. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's got stars on the down run on one of them. Ugh. I sacrifice my multiplier (since i'm gonna miss anyway) by hanging up on the up-run just to get the SP on the down slide. Just have never ever been good at this song. And the stupid pattern changes on the GR/YB chord sections. Those GR ones just throw me sometimes
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm done this week, iron man is gonna be a embarassment but the other 3 are very good scores

My Youtube Videos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: