ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
League Discussion/Recruitment/Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think about the GHII Leagues?
Awesome! I had a lot of fun, and improved some of my scores too!
69%
 69%  [ 79 ]
I like the idea, but I just couldn't devote the time to it
19%
 19%  [ 22 ]
It's got potential, but really needs some work on details
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
DUMBEST...IDEA...EVER, what were you thinking?
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
GHII Leagues? Huh?
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 114

jrod  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to sign up for expert AA please.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, we had our first meeting of the commish tonight, and several details are tentatively sorted out. I will not post these details until they are finalized. One thing that was quite unanimous was the method for choosing the twist. It will most likely involve a master list of twists to choose from. This is what we have so far, and we would like suggestions from you as well. This will also be on the first post for reference, and that is the one that will be updated if any twists get added.

Code:
Twist Master List:

1  - No SP
2  - Mirror Mode
3  - Performance Mode
4  - 0/X SP
5  - Opposite Hand
6  - < note streak
7  - < note percentage
8  - low score
9  - upstrum only
10 - no whammy allowed
11 - play standing, no strap

If you have any ideas for a twist, please post it. If it receives sufficient support it may be added to the list.
Kataris  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a behind-the-back twist?
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
Samson007  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be in AA again this time around. I just couldnt commit to it last time because I was home for christmas break and didnt have access to my beloved GH2.

Once im back at school I should be able to hold my own in that league.
Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twists:

No Alt-Strum
Sound Muted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a playing with only 2 fingers?
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twist ideas:

* low score, with >=x% of notes. Where x should be a highish number like 95-100% (PNC) depending upon the difficulty of the song. IE basically somethign like a PNC low score run, but with some leeway for people who cant hit some songs perfectly anyways.

* closest to predetermined exact score, in x tries. Pick the score randomly, but it should be between 4-5 star cutoff range. x should be 5 or less to avoid ties. And a "try" is definied as any started play of the song from when you first read that that is the twist for the week (ie no playign a song 15 times but pausing and restarting in the middle, and no playing a song for "high score" a buynch of times before you start the 'tries' forthe league that week). This suffers a bit from honour system and verifyability problems.

* Highest score, that ends in xx. Where xx is some two digit number. ex if xx = 23, then 245,523 beats 231,523 and a score of 250,273 would not be submissable. This simulates the same sort of thing you have to do for cutoff proofs, but in a way that is easily verifiable, wont result in ties, avoids having to have artificial number of plays restrictions, and also has a signficant component that is based upon play skill.

* also you could broaden 0/X SP to be y/X sp, where 0<=y<X, (for example 2/9 SP) to add more strategy to songs where you couldnt get an activation using 0/X because there is not enoguh SP in the non final holds. y should in most cases be low however.
Crazed  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came up with a weird twist idea. Don't know if it's perfect but here it goes...

1st and last run: You're only allowed to play the song once and it has to be your first run of the day. Practice mode is not allowed.
Meaning:
A) Once you play the song, you can't play it again.
B) You can't play any other song before it. (No warming-up)
If you've just recently played the song, wait a couple of days before you play it just to be fair.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a LOT of people signing up for AA. I was thinking that if we get our own board for these leagues(and indeed the subforums ES suggested) each competitor should have his/her own topic so it'll be WAY easier to shuffle through the scores at the end of the day.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...we want a sub-forum badly. One of the things we discussed. Javman has approached Ech and JC about it. They seemed open to the idea. We'll see.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about for a twist: while playing the song, play another song on your stereo about the same volume as the twist song. This will get players confused.
elx  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
I've noticed a LOT of people signing up for AA. I was thinking that if we get our own board for these leagues(and indeed the subforums ES suggested) each competitor should have his/her own topic so it'll be WAY easier to shuffle through the scores at the end of the day.

Just a thought.

Players don't post there scores though, they're PM'd to the commisioners of each league so theres no need for each player. Subforum would still be greatly appreciated though.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
How about for a twist: while playing the song, play another song on your stereo about the same volume as the twist song. This will get players confused.

The spirit of the idea is good (creating an audio distration to make playing the song harder), but in practice it would be too difficult to standardize the challenge. How distracting it was would vary greatly based upon the properties (esp BPM) of the other song so unless everybody was playing exactly the same song (synched up to the start of each play) the challenge would be unbalanced. Plus what about people with no stereo in the room where they have their TV/PS2?
mattdaddy  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm wondering, since leages b & c were combined...whats going to be the difference between leagues A & AA? (both being expert)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MattDaddy101
elx  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The distinction for A, AA, and AAA is the skill of ther players.

A - Can beat most songs on Expert with some 5 stars
AA- Can 5 star the majority of Expert except the hardest songs such as Misirlou, Jordan Six...
AAA- The top dogs. Can 5 star everything with many 6 and 7 stars, or just did too good in AA last time. ( Javman, Crazed, MagicFlea)

This is so that players who can hang on Expert aren't stuck with no hope of winning against players like pope, ES, wulf, Benzor and more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: